Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Somethings just shouldn't be rushed.

The building I work in downtown just opened a fitness center free to the tenants.  I've been there everyday since, getting a workout in before getting in to work.  I mention this for little other reason than I'm excited about it, but also because it gives me a transition into the topic at hand.

It's been a while since I've regularly made it to the gym and what little workout clothing I have is mildly out of date.  So I was going to Target to look for some new stuff and I offered the chance to the boys to accompany me.  They both accepted and so I was forced happy to take them along.  After stopping in the toy section for a short while (it doesn't take boys very long to decide what toy they want to throw their money away on) I made it to the men's clothing and found some shorts but no suitable shirts.  Oh well...it's a start.  Then I remembered I needed some new golf balls.

I like to pick on the boys (go figure) so while in the sporting goods aisle I pointed to the pink lady golf balls and asked them if they would like some of those.  "Noooo waaaaayy!" they both replied, but as we started to walk away Sam continue speaking to himself, "I wonder if they make blue ones?" and then to me, "I want blue balls."  I simply replied, "if you give it enough time it'll happen."

No comments: