Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rubbin' Skills

I recently had a hockey stick break during the 30-day warranty period and sent it in for a replacement.  I was a little excited when Bird texted me, "Your new stick is here!"  Though I preferred the old stick they sent a me a top of the line model in its place, Nike Bauer definitely does it right.  After dinner I set about heating the stick to put an extension in the handle and then after a short cooling period to taping it up.  Justin went off to do his homework and Sam sat down to watch some Jackie Chan Adventures.

One of the characters, Hak Foo, always shouts metaphorical phrases in combination with his martial arts moves.  So as he jumps high in the air he hollers, "angry crow takes flight!" or "Monkey steals banana!" as he rips something from someone's grasp.  That sort of thing.  Something about it strikes me as politically incorrect but as it's pretty entertaining I'm not about to take issue with it.

It's been a few years since we watched this series but with our recent subscription to Netflix we were pleased to find the episodes available for instant streaming.  Part way through the show tonight Sam recollected using Hak Foo's phrases and started joking around.  "Sam drinks milk!" and "Justin eats cookies!"

He then looked over at me to see me rubbing wax on my newly taped stick and said, "Dad rubs his stick!"  I just shut my eyes and enjoyed the moment in silence.  If he only knew.  Sometimes it's better to simply not ruin the moment for anyone.  But for your benefit I'll tell you the brand is Mr. Zogs Sex Wax.

No comments: